We have moved!
For those of us who visited our previous location, we are no longer there!
We are a few blocks down the road, still in Clear Lake, at:
1020 Buddy Holly Place
What is the Children's Autism Center?
The Children's Autism Center offers hope for families overwhelmed by the challenges of raising a child on the autism spectrum.
The Children's Autism Center in Clear Lake, Iowa, provides the following services:
- Direct services, including skill assessment, intensive 1:1 ABA, positive behavior supports, and skill-building activities to improve the lives of children with autism.
- Social skills groups for children and teens with autism from elementary through high school that focus on developing specific social skills needed to enhance interaction with peers and adults. Groups meet once per week for 10 weeks.
- Time-limited behavioral consultation with a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to address problem behavior occurring in the home, school, or community.
- Free, specialized activities and events, in collaboration with other local groups and resources, such as music, art, sailing, sports, and holiday events. Check our Facebook page for scheduled days and times.
- Guest speakers with exceptional credentials as professionals in the field of autism. Check our Facebook Page for scheduled days and times.
- Assistance with navigating other services available in the area.
- Resource library of books, DVDs, sensory items, and educational resources available for check out. The library was created with the help of the Cerro Gordo County Medical Alliance.
- Materials, technology, and equipment for families to "make and take" materials for home, school, and community.
The Children's Autism Center in Fort Dodge provides only intensive 1:1 ABA at this time.
Contact us at 641-355-1201 and click the link below to learn more about our services and how to get enrolled.
About the Children's Autism Center
The Children's Autism Center (CAC) in Clear Lake began in August 2013 with a $26,000 grant from United Way of North Central Iowa. Christina Maulsby, who has two young sons with autism, helped found the center. Dr. Jesse Logue, BCBA-D and Dr. Lauryn Toby, BCBA, helped the clinic develop and grow over the next several years, and now Janice Robinson, BCBA, oversees all services provided by the CAC. We have locations in Clear Lake and Fort Dodge:
One Vision Children's Autism Center
1020 Buddy Holly Place
Clear Lake, IA 50428
University of Iowa Child Health Specialty Clinic
Physician’s Office Building West, Suite 205
804 Kenyon Road
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
The CAC is partnering with Drake University's program offering a Master of Science degree in Applied Behavior Analysis to promote growth of the field of applied behavior analysis and autism services in Iowa.
Services are provided by appointment only. For more information about both the Clear Lake and Fort Dodge Children's Autism Centers, call 641-355-1201.
Children's Autism Center - Clear Lake hours
Monday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (6:30 when social skills groups in session)
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (6:30 when social skills groups in session)
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (6:30 when social skills groups in session)
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Children's Autism Center - Fort Dodge hours
Monday: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Learn more about family and community activities offered through the CAC.
Click here to find out about upcoming events sponsored by the CAC.
Want to receive e-mail with programs, activities, and news about the CAC? Sign up here.
Click this icon to visit our Facebook page for the Children's Autism Center!